I’ll admit there have been times when I was going along, minding my own business, when the question occurred to me, “What would I do if a zombie comes tearing through those bushes and starts trying to eat my face off?”
If you’re a fan of AMC’s The Walking Dead, the thought has probably occurred to you, too, and why shouldn’t it? If Donald Trump can be taken seriously as a presidential candidate, then there’s reason to think that virtually anything could happen in this world, and that includes a Zombie Apocalypse. In fact, if Trump wins, it pretty much guarantees a Zombie Apocalypse in my book, but I digress, this post is about protection, not politics.
It started me thinking that if The Walking Dead wasn’t just a popular television drama, but reality, which cast member would you want to have along for protection? Now I’m not talking about sex appeal, personality or anything like that, just plain and simple, if you were trying to navigate a zombie-filled forest, and you could pick just one cast member to protect you and show you the ropes, who would it be?
- There’s a lot to like about a hard-body chick with a samurai sword, but the question specifies that we’re walking through a zombie-infested forest, and I’m thinking that Michonne’s sword might be too unwieldy if there are a lot of hanging branches and wait-a-minute vines. Of course Michonne has gotten it done in close quarters before, but I’m still a bit concerned.
- Carl has literally grown up with zombies, and he’s certainly deadly, but I’m still thinking I want a little more experience walking beside me.
- Daryl is a no-nonsense guy who’s certainly at home in the woods, but his main weapon is a crossbow, and I worry about what might happen if he runs out of bolts.
- Morgan is cat quick with that ninja stick, but he seems to have a soft spot that could come into play again at exactly the wrong time.
- Abraham is the king of the one-liners, and is a deadly fighter in his own right, but like Morgan, seems a bit erratic at times. Would he save my ass, or would he be too busy with the pithy quote?
- Glenn has more lives than a cat, and can kill zombies with the best of ’em. But you know, I just feel like his luck is gonna run out soon, and I don’t want to be around when it does.
- Carol just gets it done, period, but she might be a little too cold and calculating. I worry that she might think I’m not worth saving if the going gets hot.
- Rick has been through an awful lot and has led through adversity, but sometimes I worry that he might not have too much left in the tank, and I can easily see him failing spectacularly, with my guts being sorted by a couple of nasty walkers as a result.
Well, it’s a tough decision, no doubt, and your life might depend on how you choose! I know how I’d vote, but I want to see your answers first! Maybe there’s some other cast member I haven’t thought about. So tell me, with your life on the line, who’s got your back?